Vermicomposting, worm bin, composting with worms community and forums
I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO SUPPLY PHOTOS. MY PHOTOS ARE AT PRESENT AVAILABLE ON MY DESKTOP.CAN ANYONE PROVIDE INFORMATION AS TO HOW TO ALLOW THESE TO APPEAR IN MY BLOG? I HAVE SEEN THIS KIND OF FORMAT…Continue
Started this discussion. Last reply by Joseph Despins Feb 1, 2018.
At last I have managed to add photos taken as the work progressed.
The final gap between the rods was 3 inches, with the rods being 1/2 inch diameter, the pitch centres being then 3&1/2 inches.
I am not conversant with the method of fitting my photos into the text and so they appear under 'Photos' and are dated: 21 March 2017, by clicking the single picture, access then shows the series of 12 pictures.
Please be free to send me any queries and suggestions, for…Continue
Posted on March 23, 2017 at 4:10pm
I will say that previously the bedding used in my wormeries was from a collection of Autumn leaves. Although leaves suited the worms I found that there was a continuing build up of slugs, due to having collected the leaves from earth beneath the trees? . I would later see upon inspection, clusters of slugs eggs so a bigger population was then likely!
Perhaps leaves from a paved/concreted area would get over this problem? (Any comments?)
Hessian sacking I found worked well if…Continue
Posted on February 2, 2017 at 3:41pm — 2 Comments
,Time has gone by since my last blog and here is a further development. I had mentioned the ventilator in the lid previously. I am aware that numerous members state that due to using a feed through system they do not have to collect exudate as is the case of a stacked tray system. I found that over time quite a lot of liquid had drained into the containers below (three flower troughs). Further, on opening the lid there were always a number of worms either on the walls or adjacent to the…Continue
Posted on January 23, 2017 at 2:49pm — 2 Comments
Here I will mention that previously I had only to raise the lid and note the number of worms coming to the top of the chamber. This would then allow me to consider what may be the cause of their trouble. I had for a number of days lifted the lid and there seemed no problem in this direction,
I began to be aware of a slight smell within the garage, a few more days and this became more powerful! I found the source of the smell: a large number of worms were found shrivelled in the…Continue
Posted on December 11, 2015 at 9:23am — 1 Comment